In order to operate holiday homes, individuals or professional operators need to register their apartments or villa with DET on the Holiday Homes system. Our system provides access to a range of services and facilitates guest check-in and check-out. Apartments and villas must be registered and approved by DET prior to listing.
Registration in HH units:
- Emirates ID of the property owner or operating tenant(s)
- Commercial licence copy for professional operators
Registration in HH units:
- For operators: The trade licence listed activity should be Vacation Homes Rental.
- For owners: The name on the account must match the name on the unit title deed.
For tenants: The name on the account must match the name on the tenancy contract.
- If you are a tenant, a maximum of one unit can be registered and you will need prior landlord approval.
Essential information such as trade licences should be updated on an annual basis. There is no renewal fee applicable.
1. Fixed charges for registration
AED 1,500 + AED 10 knowledge fee + AED 10 innovation fee
Total: AED 1,520
2. Charges structure from guest
Tourism Dirham per room per night regardless of the number of guests and based on the following category classifications:
a) Deluxe Holiday Home: AED 15/room/night
b) Standard Holiday Home: AED 10/room/night
- Holiday Homes operators
Payment options for Registration/Registration in Holiday Homes:
- Online payment
Bank Name: Dubai Islamic Bank
Account Name: Govt. of Dubai - DTCM
Account Number: 001520005097601
IBAN no.: AE430240001520005097601
Branch: Main Branch
Swift Code: DUIBAEAD
- Bank Name: Dubai Islamic Bank
Al Ansari, cash or cheque
For payments, the account name is Al Ansari Exchange
Note: Any deposit in Dubai Islamic Bank or ENBD requires payment confirmation on the related system.
Payment options for charges taken from guests:
- Online Payment
- Payment by direct deposit cheque
Bank transfer's into DTCM account.
Bank name: Emirate's NBD (any branch)
Account name: DTCM - Tourism Dirham
IBAN no.: AE450260001012049366501
- The licensee must ensure that the online tourism Dirham system is updated (i.e. payment confirmation screen is shown).
- The licensee, if a company or establishment, must always provide the Holiday Home company or establishment commercial license number when making necessary tourism Dirham payments.
- For long stays or more than 30 consecutive nights, tourism Dirham will be calculated for the first 30 consecutive nights of the check-in only.
- The licensee must input the tourism Dirham information by the 15th of every month; after the 15th late fees will apply.